Underfloor Heating in Dumfries & Carlisle
Make your home or business warmer for less with affordable Underfloor Heating installation in Dumfries and Carlisle. Couple your Underfloor Heating with a Heat Pump to maximise efficiency and save even more on your energy bills. Get in touch for a free quote or scroll down to find out more.
What Is Underfloor Heating?
Underfloor heating passes warm water through pipes through the floor of your home providing space heating. The loops are all controlled from a central manifold which is connected to the central heating system. The manifold opens and closes actuators to adjust the temperature in the loops so they can be controlled with a thermostat in each room.
Different from radiators, which typically require a water temperature of 45 – 60⁰C to heat the rooms through convection, underfloor heating only needs a water temperature of 35 – 45⁰C. This means that the heat source does not have to raise it’s flow temperature as high so energy efficiency is increased. It also means that underfloor heating is ideal for a heat source which works best at low temperatures such as a heat pump.
What are the Benefits of Underfloor Heating?
- Underfloor heating systems are a great choice and acknowledged as being efficient and great value for money.
- Underfloor heating can reduce your heating bills as underfloor heating uses a lower flow temperature than normal radiators. Radiators typically require a flow temperature between 50 and 70⁰C whereas an underfloor heating system will run at between 35 and 40⁰C so the heating system doesn’t have to work as hard to get the temperature up. They work very well with condensing boilers and heat pumps.
- Underfloor heating enables you to design your room using all the room space without having to work around radiators.
- Underfloor heating is controlled by a thermostat in each room allowing you to set each room to a different temperature that best suits you.
- Underfloor heating provides a comfortable environment as the heat surrounds you, leaving no cold spots unlike a radiator system where the heat rises making your ceiling the warmest part of the room.
Contact us today to arrange your free consultation.
Our office hours are 9am-5pm Mon-Fri, with a 24 hour call out service in operation 365 days a year.